Monday, January 19, 2009

Pizza and It Wasn't Delivery

I often make pizza at home. Pizza is one of those things you can get real creative with. I always try out different ones. Tonight I made one with items I had around the house. I did pick up a Pillsbury pizza crust from the store, but the rest I had on hand. Pillsbury now has a thin crust, which is good because it is lighter. The pizza dough can be found in the refrigerated aisle of the grocery store by the canned biscuits and rolls.

I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I unrolled the dough onto a cookie sheet that I had sprayed with pan. I like to prebake the crust for 5 minutes. Then top it and bake for another 10 minutes. This allows for a crispier crust.

I topped it with just a little jarred pizza sauce. I then seasoned it with garlic salt and pizza seasoning. Italian seasoning or dried oregano, basil or combination of both would be good substitutes. I had some leftover ricotta cheese and I mixed it with frozen spinach that was thawed and drained well of all the excess water. I then carefully spread the mixture on the crust. I topped with sliced mushrooms, sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.

1 comment:

  1. my sister turned me on to the fresh pizza dough at Publix. You get to roll it out (or toss it if you are more coordinated and adventuresome than I). Check it out and let us know if you like it.

    ReplyDelete