Friday, June 5, 2009

Wines for Summer

At least once a week you can find my husband and/or me at this family Italian restaurant, Gino's that is about a mile from our house on North Armenia Ave. in Tampa. It has been around forever and offers great, homemade Italian favorites and they boast a great beer and wine menu. Actually, they opened a great wine shoppe not too long ago.

Last night we attended a wine tasting event there that featured wines for the summer, all white wines of course, which didn't bother me in the least. A lot of Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Sauvignon Blanc and sparkling (my personal favorite). I of course had my husband purchase a few of the ones we sampled and I will definitely be going by there throughout the summer to pick up the others.

The ones we brought home were a Prosecco, a nice Italian sparkling that I had never tried; a lovely German Riesling from Fountain Blue winery, sweet and refreshing during the hot summer months and Twin Vines Vihno Verde, a white wine from Portugal. All reasonably priced.

Gino's has a lot of other events planned for the summer including a beer and food pairing dinner and a beer tasting. I definitely suggest everyone check out this Tampa jewel. They even have a Facebook page now.

2 comments:

  1. That's ok, mom and dad didn't really want to go to a wine tasting at Gino's! You better invite us to the next event over there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You wouldn't have liked it anyway, it was all white wines and you don't drink white. I'll let you know about the next one.

    ReplyDelete