Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Cookware: French Oven

I have been wanting a Dutch Oven for some time. Something I can take from stovetop to oven, so I can make dishes like Beef Bourguignon and braise things. My husband surprised me this Christmas with a beautiful cast iron French Oven (the French version of the Dutch Oven). In fact, it is so French the website is written all in French. It is a beautiful blue and I have already broken it in (with pot roast). It is a great piece of cookware. Cooks evenly and is surprisingly easy to clean.

4 comments:

  1. Love it, I don't have one because I just use a crock pot but I love how they look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful on your glass top stove! These are just like my blackend cast iron skillet that I cannot use on my glass top stove anymore - they get so hot they can fuse to your stovetop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my crock pot, too, but this is great for soups and other dishes like braised short ribs, etc.

    Jeanne, thanks for the tip. Mine does get pretty hot, but it has this coating that I think will prevent it from fusing. (I hope at least.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a nice pot. cast iron seems like a good choice, thank you for sharing this review I will check out the french web site because i am fluent in french.
    corningware

    ReplyDelete